VHF Data Exchange System (VDES)
The VDES1000 module is a complete marine VHF Data Exchange System (VDES) Software Defined Radio (SDR) solution. Implemented using state-of-the art technology provides a very tight integration, with industry leading high performance and unsurpassed flexibility in a very small form factor. The VDES1000 module provides an out-of-the box high performance and highly flexible AIS Class-A, ASM and VDE transceiver that is fully upgradeable and future proof. The VDES standard is set to evolve over time; the VDES1000 module is designed to accommodate this via software updates.
The VDES1000 is designed to realise a fully compliant multi-channel AIS Class A, ASM and VDE transceiver. The module integrates an isolated power supply, high Power Amplifier (PA), Low Noise Amplifier (LNA), digital baseband processing and protocol handler for AIS and VDE.
The VDES1000 module is designed to be easily incorporated into an existing housing, enabling a speedy development cycle to a manufacturer’s end product.
SDR is at the heart of the VDS1000; all baseband processing is performed in software therefore; the module can be upgraded by means of a software update. This feature ensures that the VDES1000 can adapt to changes and evolving specifications without going through expensive development cycles.
· Software Defined Radio (SDR) Solution
· Complete VDES solution
· Fully compliant AIS Class A transceiver
· Fully compliant VDES (ASM + VDE)
· Upgradeable and future proof
· OEM and ODM options available
· Complete OEM module
· ODM reference design (licence/Royalty business model)
· Output power: 12.5Wrms (25W peak)
· RF Range covered: 156.025 - 162.025 MHz
· Hardware interfaces:
· 6 x isolated RS442
· 1 x NC relay output
· Ethernet, 1000 base-T
· Single supply: 24V
· Small volume solution (165mm x 100mm x 30mm)
· Ship station (mobile) installation
· Coastal station (base station) installation
· AIS Class A transceiver
· ASM transceiver
· VDE transceiver
· Complete VDES transceiver (AIS class A + ASM + VDE + GPS)
· Ready-to-go VDES module
· State-of-the-art SDR approach
· Industry leading performance
· Future proof by design
· Easily installed in existing enclosures
· Design verified and certification ready